Andrew John (A.J.) Weber
I am a portrait and fine art photographer based out of Shadyside, Pittsburgh. Though a photographer by working title, I am also experienced and trained as a writer as a recent graduate of the University of Pittsburgh's English Writing program with a focus in Fiction.
Telling stories has always been my passion. I’ve long felt that photography is a medium that prompts more questions than answers. It allows me not only to tell stories, but to develop valuable connections and friendships with those I photograph. In telling my photographic stories I carry with me a strong belief in authenticity; a willingness to keep images true to life.
I have been fortunate enough to have received several distinctions, including a “Top-Rated Entry” in the Magnum Photography Awards 2017. I have also had work published in several places, including Collision Literary Magazine, Digging Through the Fat Press, Brainchild Literary Magazine of the Mid-East Honors Association, The Print Swap (by Featureshoot) and Forbes and Fifth Undergraduate Research Journal where after having two works published I served on staff for two years as the Section Editor for Art.
Publications & Awards
- "Top-Rated Entry" in Magnum Photography Awards 2017
- Image: "Rain on the Cathedral Lawn"
- Health Monitor Magazine, August 2018 Issue
- Published in Collision Literary Magazine (2016/2017)
- Artist Contributor/Member in Flowers for Strangers, Art Collective (2018).
- Featured project: Smoke From an Unseen Fire
- Accepted artist in The Print Swap collective: a project by Feature Shoot
- Participating Images: "Long Day";"Under Construction"
- 15 other accepted images.
- Published in Digging Through the Fat Press
- Image: "Puddle Dreams"
- Published in Brainchild Literary Magazine of the Mid-East Honors Association
- Images: "Amish Country", "Older Than Our Bodies"
- Published in Forbes and Fifth Undergraduate Research Journal
- Published in 70 Faces Magazine
- Featured Artist on Famee
- Published in ambi-mag
- Image: Cadenza
To make an appointment or discuss work please fill out the form below or email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and your query will be answered shortly.
Powered by Weber Designs